Casting Mold Powder Introduction:
Continuous casting mould powders are used primarily to facilitate the passage of liquid steel through the mould of the continuous casting machine. It is also known by several other names such as mould powder, casting powder, mould flux, mould flux slag, or mould flux powder. Casting powders play an important role in the surface quality of the steel product and in the overall efficiency of the continuous casting process. These powders have a critical influence on the heat transfer from the strand to the mould, the solidification process and the mould lubrication. The mould powder improves the performance of the casting process and reduces the surface defects.
Casting Mold Powder Advantages:
Casting Mold Powder has good melting property and steady quality,and is suitable for different casting conditions. Casting Mold Powder can ensure clean and smooth surface of casting block, and also can ensure that there is no shell and flux strip in mold, with even vibration mark and without defects on the surface of casting block.
- Casting Powder forms a good lubricating film on the surface of mould not allowing solidifying metal adhesion to the mould.
- Casting Powder provides easy and fast solidification of metal by providing high rate heat removal from metal.
- Casting Powder gives very good performance at elevated temperatures with the aid of its well selected additives.
- Casting Powder increases the quality of metal surface.
- Casting Powder is cheaper than Rapeseed/Casting Oil.
Casting Mold Powder Feature:
Casting Powder contains low melting constituents that instantly generate liquid slag, which penetrates into the gap between the mould and the solidifying shell of the billet. Casting Powder is added in small amounts and continuously over the casting duration. The melting of the Casting Powder occurs slowly in layers. Hence, the top surface of the liquid metal in the billet / slab / bloom always remains protected from the atmosphere. The viscosity, solidification point, melting point, and slagging speed are considered important properties for the casting mould powders.
Applicable steel type :0.08%-0.35% C straight carbon steel ,high quality steel ,low alloy steel.
Applicable section: 120mm×120mm 150mm×150mm 175mm×175mm
Applicable casting speed :0.9-3.0m/min
Casting Mold Powder Function:
The mould powder improves the performance of the casting process and reduces the surface defects. The main functions of the mould powder are
(1) to protect liquid steel against oxidation
(2) to provide lubrication for the solidifying steel
(3) to control, optimize, and insulate the heat transfer from the liquid steel to the mould and the ambient in horizontal and vertical directions
(4) to absorb the inclusions from the liquid steel to produce cleaner cast steel product
(5) to provide chemical protection to the liquid steel from oxidation and other undesired reactions.
For further details, please feel free to contact us, we would be your reliable partner.